Starting at the beginning

I'm going to start at the beginning.  I've been writing about everything, but we were not announcing until after the first trimester, so these are entries I made to my own private journal.

August 9, 2009

The blue lines were crossed.  My wife had come out of the bathroom and was very confused.  There’s no way we could be pregnant on the first try. 

The first try? 

Nope.  No way.

But there it was. 

Two little blue intersecting lines. 

I held her and she squirmed out of my grasp. 

“Better take another one.”

That’s why they sell them in boxes of three.

She began drinking lots of water and orange juice.  I told her I was pretty sure it would turn out the same way.

The surprising thing is that the only reason we took the test in the first place was that she was not feeling very well.  We had tried to get pregnant and then, right on time, she had her monthly visitor and I watched her sink a little.  It wasn’t that she was discouraged or depressed, it was only our first attempt, but she was decidedly down. 

She took the test again.  It was the same.  Two intersecting blue lines.  I took photos of them, we hugged again.

“What do we do?”

I had no idea. 

We broke out our laptops and began the search. 

1 comments:

October 7, 2009 at 3:12 AM Matt said...

It only took us 2 months the first time, so we were lucky too, but it's a real letdown when that first time doesn't work, and a real shock when it does.

Post a Comment

 

© Daddy's Home
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates